« February 2005 | Main | April 2005 »

March 31, 2005

29 to go!

My brother just called and left me a voicemail that went something like this:

"I just called to let you know we're on our way home from the latest ultrasound. Both babies are looking good and they're measuring at 11 weeks 5 days. Their heartrates are good too. I'll send out the pictures when we get home."

Is somebody a little excited they're going to be a dad? I think so!

That's okay, cause somebody else is a little excited to be an aunt!

Posted by Jenny at 10:40 AM | Comments (0)

March 29, 2005

Not quite.

My cousin wanted to set me up with one of her co-workers, a guy I'll call Mr. Hardware. He happens to be the manager of the hardware department at an area home improvement store. Well, after several weeks of being bugged by my cousin and informed that "he's the nicest guy ever!" I finally agreed to meet him. They usually go bowling on Fridays after they close the store, so I said I would meet them there. Of course she couldn't describe him to me. He was okay looking, and a nice guy, but I definitely don't think he's my type. He was about 36 or 37, a little old for my tastes. I'm more drawn to those who are anywhere from 26 up to 32. That's a good range, since I'll be 28 in a month. He wasn't nearly tall enough for me. 5'9" woman needs 6'1"+ man. Of course, looks aren't everything. Personality, like I said a nice guy. Strange sense of humor, and a big fan of movies such as "Dumb and Dumber". My idea of a good comedy is, well I don't think I really love any comedies. I'm more of an action and drama girl.

*sigh*

Alas, when all is said and done, I don't think I'll be getting together with Mr. Hardware again. I had a good time, and I could probably be friends with him, but it wouldn't go any further.

Posted by Jenny at 10:54 PM | Comments (1)

Don't You?

Don't you hate it when you fall asleep while watching TV and wake up in the wee hours of the morning only to find that your lights are on, your TV is on and you're totally confused as to what time it is?

I know I do, and I'm going to try to not repeat last night again.

Posted by Jenny at 03:54 PM | Comments (2)

March 28, 2005

Spring is in the air!

How does this look for a forecast?

forecast.jpg

Which means I'm actually in a good mood on this fine Monday morning!

Posted by Jenny at 09:23 AM | Comments (2)

March 27, 2005

Hallelujah!

Happy Easter! He is risen! He is risen indeed! Today is the day we Christians celebrate the resurrection of Jesus Christ.

Give thanks for the sacrifice of Jesus so that we might have everlasting life with God!

Posted by Jenny at 08:06 PM | Comments (1)

March 25, 2005

Ping O'Rama

So, do I ping yet?

Posted by Jenny at 09:32 PM | Comments (1)

March 23, 2005

Ping-Pong

Ping, you bastard! PING!

I guess blogrolling.com and I are having issues pinging at the moment. The damned thing won't even let me manually ping. When I do, it tells me "FAIL! - DATABASE ERROR: Can\'t open file: \'weblogs.MYI\'. (errno: 145)."

Well no shit it failed! That's why I get the nasty little red pinging error box when I post in MT!

Why does this always happen to me?

**3/24 update** The damned thing still isn't pinging, so who the hell knows what's going on.

Posted by Jenny at 09:26 PM | Comments (2)

Quizzes

Got this from Mark!

You scored as Albus Dumbledore. Strong and powerful you admirably defend your world and your charges against those who would seek to harm them. However sometimes you can fail to do what you must because you care too much to cause suffering.

Harry Potter

Ginny Weasley

60%

Ron Weasley

55%

Lord Voldemort

45%

Your Harry Potter Alter Ego Is...?
created with QuizFarm.com

And this too:

You scored as Christianity. Your views are most similar to those of Christianity. Do more research on Christianity and possibly consider being baptized and accepting Jesus, if you aren't already Christian.

Christianity is the second of the Abrahamic faiths; it follows Judaism and is followed by Islam. It differs in its belief of Jesus, as not a prophet nor historical figure, but as God in human form. The Holy Trinity is the concept that God takes three forms: the Father, the Son (Jesus), and the Holy Ghost (sometimes called Holy Spirit). Jesus taught the idea of instead of seeking revenge, one should love his or her neighbors and enemies. Christians believe that Jesus died on the cross to save humankind and forgive people's sins.

Christianity

Satanism

25%

Hinduism

21%

agnosticism

atheism

Which religion is the right one for you? (new version)
created with QuizFarm.com

Apparently, I'm not 100% Christian, which I think is odd condsidering I am one. I wonder if it has to do with my response to the abortion question and if the quiz was made up by a Catholic.

Posted by Jenny at 09:13 PM | Comments (0)

March 22, 2005

5 Questions

I was asked 5 questions by Wendy. So here are my answers.

1. What one major improvement, not taking money into consideration, would you want to make on your house?

I would have an electrician come in and completely rewire the house. Wire every room (with the exception of the bathrooms, kitchen and dining room) with cable and ethernet jacks, meaning no more cables running thru bedrooms into the laundry room and up to some more bedrooms. Bring the rest of the wiring to new construction code (versus '70's code). Remove all of the track lighting from the bedrooms and replace with ceiling fans w/lights. Replace the lights in the entry, the dining room and the den.

2. What's your ultimate car? I want details.

My ultimate car is this. An Audi TT Roadster 250 hp Direct Gear-shift sports transmission and quattro® all-wheel drive. Brilliant red with a gray leather interior. All of the bells and whistles.

3. You can have one restaurant cater to you daily. Which one is it?

Must you even ask that question? Chipotle of course. What could be better than having it delivered to you whenever you want it?

4. What's that banging noise I hear against my bedroom wall on the nights when you have guys parading in and out of your room?

I could tell you about all of the fun we're having, but then I'd have to kill you.

5. Have you ever heard the wolf cry to the blue corn moon?

Nope, but I've heard the wolf cry to the new corn moon.

Now it's your turn:

THE RULES
1. Leave a comment, saying you want to be interviewed.
2. I will respond; I’ll ask you five questions.
3. You’ll update your journal with my five questions, and your five answers.
4. You’ll include this explanation.
5. You’ll ask other people five questions when they want to be interviewed.

Posted by Jenny at 08:58 PM | Comments (0)

Why?

Why is it that whenever you need to test applications for upgrades and server changes, the crap you need is never installed on the PC when you get there to test? You give them the requirements of what you need, and yet, surprise! It's not there yet!

Thus, the testing I thought would be complete today probably won't be and that bites.

Posted by Jenny at 10:35 AM | Comments (0)

March 21, 2005

This just doesn't have a title

So I started to clean my room, and in doing so I came across a catalog for Chiasso. I'm in love with this. I'm not sure if it's the bedding itself I love, or the bed and everything that goes with it. Now if only someone would come and make over my room once I get it clean, I would be in love with them forever.

Posted by Jenny at 11:56 PM | Comments (0)

Don't know where...

How do you start in on something you know you need to do, but you're so overwhelmed by the job you don't know where to even begin? I've got a couple of things like that going on right now, both at work and at home.

Work is a major project that will require me to completely redesign one of our job functions. I haven't even begun to think about how it's going to work. It needs to be done by the end of May, and in the meantime, there is one major deconversion and several minor conversions that also require changes to the job. And those happen the week before the major project takes affect.

Home is the pit that is my bedroom. I would show you a picture, but I'm too embarassed by how bad it's gotten. I know I need to do it, I know it's not good for me to let it get any worse, but when it seems like there's so much to do to get it done the way it should be done it's hard to handle. I sometimes feel like there's something about me emotionally or mentally that allows it to get this bad, and sometimes I think it's just laziness. Either way, I need to put a stop to it. Make some rules about my room and stick to them.

*sigh*

Well, I think I'll turn off the TV 'cause the news is on and it's rather depressing. There was a shooting at a school in Minnesota today and at least 10 people were killed, including the shooter. I just don't understand the violence that happens in today's society. No matter how bad things get, I could never even think about doing something as drastic as murdering people. My heart and prayers go out to the people affected by this horrific tragedy.

Posted by Jenny at 09:53 PM | Comments (0)

March 20, 2005

Right here, right now.

At this moment I'm sitting at my computer and watching Crossing Jordon. What I should be doing is going to bed. I totally didn't get enough sleep after last night's birthday bowling. But it was certainly fun bowling, and somebody in our house has a new pair of shoes now!

Posted by Jenny at 09:36 PM | Comments (0)

March 18, 2005

So tired.

Any guess what my least favorite color is at this moment? Any at all? If you said white, you guessed correctly. Spring officially starts on Sunday, and if I do say so it is anything but spring-like here in Minnesota. Wendy and I cleaned the 6 inches of snow out of our driveway only to have it completely covered again within a couple of hours. Ah spring, how I miss you!

On a happier note, today is Wendy's birthday! She's almost officially a grown-up. She won't ever really be a grown-up until she's either older than me or I finally decide that I'm a grown-up and I'm pretty sure the latter will happen before the former. But since I've only got 10 months on her, I don't think I'm going to grow up for a while yet.

If you want to get her a birthday present, you should just donate to her fund-raising effort for the 3-Day Walk for breast cancer. And if you follow her cousin's advice, that means you donate the amount of money equal to your chest size.

Posted by Jenny at 09:51 PM | Comments (0)

March 16, 2005

Hmm

Let's see, my week so far has consisted of going to work like normal on Monday. Yesterday and today have been spent off-site in meetings for 8 hours each day. Yes, that's 8 hours sitting in the same chair in the same room with the same people talking about the same shit. I'm pretty sure we're making progress toward our ultimate goal, but damn, could we throw more than two breaks and a lunch into these meetings? My ass get's tired and I totally have problems sitting still that long. Needless to say, by the end of the day my fidgiting begins to become apparent.

Only one more day of this stuff and then it's back to the normal daily grind. Alas, all good things come to an end eventually!

Posted by Jenny at 11:20 PM | Comments (0)

March 14, 2005

Grr

I'm going to be over at one of our other buildings for the next few days, and that's cool because it's closer to home. The bad news is that I have to wear at least business casual. That causes a problem for me because I don't own any business casual wear. I work in an office where every day is casual day. Guess who's going shopping tonight for some clothes for the week.

Posted by Jenny at 01:41 PM | Comments (0)

March 13, 2005

No thinking allowed

I'm. finally. home. Friday, little bit of snow on the drive to Milwaukee. A lot of snow on the drive from Milwaukee to Chilton. A lot. Like, white-out driving 20 mph desperately trying to see the tail-lights of the car in front of you so you know where the road goes a lot.

Today, bright and sunny the whole way home, at least until the sun set. Much happiness ensuing with my arrival home. Miss my bed.

Goodnight.

Posted by Jenny at 08:37 PM | Comments (0)

March 11, 2005

On the road again!

Wendy and I are making our final preparations to head over to the great state of Wisconsin this weekend. I'll be dropping her off in Milwaukee to visit some friends and I'll be continuing on to Chilton for one of my college roommmates baby shower. My mom and I got all sorts of goodies for the baby and I can't wait to see him when he's born (according to the docs the date is April 19). So I probably won't be posting anything this weekend, unless someone comes up with internet access for me.

So have a safe and happy weekend and I'll see you all on Sunday night!

Posted by Jenny at 11:24 AM | Comments (0)

March 08, 2005

Positive Energy

I've decided I focus too much on the negative in life and I need to be more positive about things. To that end, my goal for the week is to not be too critical of the people around me. I have a habit of being very judgemental and I think it's gotten out of hand.

However, one last thing before I start this.

Dear woman in the stall next to me:

Please do not whistle or hum while you pee. It makes it hard for the rest of us in there to do our business.

Okay, I got that off my chest, on to more positive things.

Posted by Jenny at 11:42 AM | Comments (0)

March 07, 2005

Mmm, food...

We're having a family meal tonight at our house! This is an unusual occurance around here, because up until a week ago, Wendy worked in the evenings at the PT gig.

We're going to use the grill tonight and have some meat and veggies, and a side dish as well. The only problem is trying to decide what to have as a side. Wendy sent me this site to help us make our decision. So many good choices here it's hard!

Posted by Jenny at 04:06 PM | Comments (0)

You can pull the icepick out now!

I had a headache start yesterday afternoon and it has apparently decided to carry through the night into today. I'm staring at my computer here at work and I've got that damned throbbing going on in my temples and my right eye is a little twitchy today. It might be time to pop a couple of asprin and see if that takes care of my nagging little friend.

Of course all this really wants to make me do is go back to bed on this cold Minnesota morning. Speaking of which, it was 60 degrees yesterday. Today, I walked out the door and it was 20 degrees with a windchill close to 0 and snowing. WTF?!

Posted by Jenny at 09:41 AM | Comments (0)

March 06, 2005

Cool!

My mom and I have season tickets to the Minnesota Orchestra and one of our concerts was tonight. It was a recreation of a Mozart concert from 1783. And it was over 3 and a half hours long. Normally they're about 1 and a half hours. Aside from the sore backside from sitting for that long, it was really cool and very well done. There was a piano soloist who was absolutely amazing. I took piano lessons growing up and I know I'm not even in the same galaxy as this guy. I just don't know how he keeps it all straight in his head!

Posted by Jenny at 12:15 AM | Comments (0)

March 04, 2005

Off to la-la land

I am completely ready to take a nap right now. I just got back from lunch and I am so damned full it's not even funny. So call me at 4:30 and wake me up so I can go home.

Posted by Jenny at 11:44 AM | Comments (0)

TGIF

You know it's Friday when the sun is shining, the temp is rising and you really don't want to go to work. Wait... that last little bit is every day.

Redeeming factor for this morning? Really cute new boy is training in the cube next to mine so he and I have a chance to chat today. Too bad he has a girlfriend already. And other really cute not-as-new boy is training in another cube next to me. Sadly, he's engaged. Why are the cute ones always taken? And the worst part is not only are they cute, they're both really nice!

Posted by Jenny at 09:36 AM | Comments (1)

March 03, 2005

Hip hip horray!

I just got an e-mail from my friend who moved back to Minnesota a couple of months ago. She got a job! She'll be back working at our good ol' company here within the month. I'm so excited for her I can hardly stand it!

Posted by Jenny at 03:58 PM | Comments (0)

March 02, 2005

Next on the schedule...

We finally decided today that we really need to retile our bathroom. It appears that at some point in time there was a leak, and the subfloor next to the tub got wet, so of course it sank a little and the grout and mortar next to where it sank began to crack. Now we have some ghetto-ass tiles next to our tub. Of course, I've got a crazy schedule for the next few weekends, so we won't be able to get to it until the end of the month. But at least I was able to reschedule something so it wouldn't be even later.

I'm sure I'll have some fun stories about this little project, so I'll make sure to keep you in the loop.

Posted by Jenny at 08:50 PM | Comments (0)

Dear Boss:

Please do not come and interrupt me while I'm eating lunch. I'm not getting paid for this time, and I would really like to do the homework for the class you are going to reimburse me for. Do not irritate my lunch-mate by drawing diagrams while she also is attempting to study. You have cause great mental anguish today by doing this, so in the future if you could refrain from talking to me while I eat, that would be great.

Sincerely,
Jenny

Posted by Jenny at 03:09 PM | Comments (0)

Hump Day

I'm so happy it's Wednesday I can hardly stand it. The weeks here just seem to be getting longer and longer, and I still haven't received any word on that job I interviewed for. I heard yesterday from a friend that my former boss knows people in that area and as of last week they still hadn't made a decision. Seriously, I know you want the best person for the job, but come on, I interviewed in December! Do you really remember me? I guess the one thing I have going for me is that they've been sending out rejection letters, and I haven't gotten one, so I think I'm still in the running.

I really just want to get out of my current department. I'm so irritated by the management here that I could scream.

Posted by Jenny at 09:32 AM | Comments (0)

March 01, 2005

Welcome to my new home.

Who here can say they have a roommate that's totally cool and hooks them up? I for one can. Mucho thanks to Wendy for taking care of me and finally pushing me to come up with my own domain. Who knew that something so difficult for me to do would take exactly 5 seconds while I was responding to an e-mail at work.

Anywho, hopefully my archives will be here soon, and I'll work on building my own layout rather than this default. And for those interested, Ama is my 'day-name' (the day of the week you were born) in Ghana - for me it's a Saturday. And as for the lizard part of this, let's just say there's one inked somewhere on my body.

Again, THANK YOU WENDY! (Just in case she can't hear me hollering from my bedroom!)

Posted by Jenny at 10:55 PM | Comments (0)

Holy Stop It!

Watching The Amazing Race right now. It's not bad, but Rob and Amber from Survivor: All Stars are on it. If I have to listen to him say "Holy Canoli!" one more time, I think I'm going to scream!

Of course, I'm a big fan of the two hillbillies, Ryan & Chuck, from South Carolina. Now I know they're probably not really hicks, but sometimes you've just gotta wonder.

Posted by Jenny at 09:10 PM | Comments (0)