« May 2005 | Main | July 2005 »

June 29, 2005

Sirens

The tornado sirens sounded around 10:00. And where was I? Why, in my garage taking pictures of the sky, of course. Isn't that what you do when you're supposed to hide in your severe weather room in your house?

I took several hundred pictures, and came out with about 2 good ones. Lightning is very hard to take a picture of you know.

Wanna see?

Lightning1.jpg

Lightning2.jpg

Posted by Jenny at 11:08 PM | Comments (2)

June 27, 2005

Finally

I can finally take a breather. It's been non-stop busyness the last few weeks and I'm just about exausted. It started with prepping to go to New Hampshire for the weekend for Mark and Alyssa's wedding, continued the next week prepping to go Oklahoma last week and hasn't really stopped until just now. Since I got home on Saturday around 3:30, I've been awake at home for about 3 hours.

I really need to do laundry, I want to go to Best Buy and I'm dying for some Chipotle right now, but I'm not sure if I really want to leave the house tonight.

Okay, Wendy just stuck her head in my room so we're going to eat now.

I guess that made that decision for me.

Posted by Jenny at 08:11 PM | Comments (1)

June 25, 2005

Take the MIT Weblog Survey

Posted by Jenny at 09:47 PM | Comments (0)

June 12, 2005

Quick post

This is a quick post, since I've only got 2 minutes left at the airport internet. I'll be getting on a plane to leave this lovely 90 degree weather in about 45 minutes and then I'll be back in lovely minnesota. Later.

Posted by Jenny at 11:17 AM

June 09, 2005

Ready? Not quite.

So, I'm leaving the house at 5:45 tomorrow morning to go to the airport. It's 11:33 right now. One would think that with just over 6 hours until departure, I'd be packed and sleeping right now. Not me. What do I have in my suitcase? Toilettries. That's it. Well, I was planning on sleeping on the plane anyway. I do have the DVD player charging, so just in case I want to watch a flick while on my non-pretzel flight (NWA quit handing them out today) I can.

Probably won't be posting at all this weekend, but I'll tell you all about the wedding Sunday evening. I might even get some pics up then.

Posted by Jenny at 11:33 PM | Comments (0)

Repeat after me... It's only a car.

Well, I was all set to post about someone backing into my car today, only to find out upon arriving home tonight I wasn't the only one in our house with car issues today.

My problems are pretty trivial compared to Wendy's. Irritating, yes, but at least I can still drive my car. Tomorrow evening we'll be taking Wendy out for a spin to see if she can figure out driving a stick so she at least has a vehicle while I'm out of town this weekend.

Oh yeah, and did you ever wonder what it looks like when someone has to force the elevator doors open from the inside? I found out earlier this week. It looks like this.

elevator.jpg

Yes, those are fingerprints on the bottom of the elevator doors. The doors located on the 21st floor where I work. Do I want to ever ride in that elevator again, knowing that it possibly got stuck between floors recently? True, it could be maintenence guys, but why would the prints be at the bottom of the damned door?

It's a good thing there are five other elevators to choose from.

Posted by Jenny at 12:39 AM | Comments (0)