« July 2005 | Main | September 2005 »

August 26, 2005

Awwww...

One of the women at work had a baby a couple of weeks ago. He weighed in at 5 lbs 11 ozs. So, peanut. She brought him in today and he's absolutely adorable. Also, we've decided his future career is a concert pianist. You should have seen the size of his fingers! For such a tiny little thing, his fingers were immensely long.

Oh well, only a few more weeks until my sister-in-law has hers, so there'll be plenty of babies to go around.

Posted by Jenny at 11:51 AM | Comments (0)

Road Trip!

Okay, so in regards to my previous post, I let the person know that I'm interested in speaking. It looks like I'll be taking a little trip to Nebraska in a couple of months. And, I've already got two offers for road trip company!

Also, it appears that post #100 for this particular site just snuck up on me all of the sudden. So here's to sharing the love with the rest of the world!

Posted by Jenny at 10:30 AM | Comments (1)

August 25, 2005

Do I or don't I?

I just received an e-mail asking me to speak at an American Baptist fall rally about my Xperience in Ghana back in 2003. (No, I didn't spell Xperience wrong, my trip was with The Xtreme Team.) I'm fairly intruiged and would probably do it, but it's in Albion, NE. I'm in Minneapolis. That's about an 8-hour drive to give one presentation. There's a possibility there could be more presentations, but I don't know that for sure yet.

I really would like to do this, but I know there are certain things I need to get fixed on my car before I do, and I'm not sure I want to make the drive by myself. I'm not always a daring person you know, though I do try sometimes.

So I guess I'm looking for advice. My heart is telling me I should probably do it, but my brain is interfering right now and telling me I'm nuts. Help a girl out and advise away.

Posted by Jenny at 04:42 PM | Comments (1)

August 21, 2005

Why...

Yesterday I was at a going away party for my friend's brother. He is in the National Guards and has been called to active duty. He'll ultimately end up in Iraq.

I hate the fact that yet another person I know will be over there. The last time it happened, every time they said something on the news about military deaths, I always had to sit and pray that it wasn't someone I knew. And when they announced who it was or where they were from, there was always a certain amount of relief.

I think that's what I'm most bothered by, the fact that I was happy it wasn't a friend. But you know what, they were a friend, a son or daughter. Maybe a mother or father. I might not have know them, but somebody did and somebody didn't get to have that little sigh of relief that it wasn't someone they knew.

I don't agree with what's happening over in Iraq and they way our government has decided that we should be there. I no longer think of this as a war, but rather an occupation of another country. Of course, even when I thought of it as a war I didn't agree with it.

Now, I don't have the inside scoop on all of the 'intelligence' that has been provided to our president, but in my humble opinion, it's time to pull our troops out. There is no need to have our citizens dying any longer. Bring all of our men and women home to their friends and family. Unfortunately, we have to finish what was started and follow this through to the end. Let's hope it doesn't take too much longer.

Posted by Jenny at 12:28 PM | Comments (1)

August 15, 2005

Grossology at the Science Museum

Grossology at the Science Museum
Originally uploaded by amalizard.
You learn all sorts of interesting things at the Science Museum. Like flies vomit on their food to disolve it before they eat and they pee every 4.5 minutes when they've landed on something.

Posted by Jenny at 11:19 PM | Comments (3)

August 12, 2005

How did it happen?

For someone who doesn't really like baseball, I've been to more games this season than the last several years combined. I guess you can blame my new-found interest in Wendy. Apparently, this is what happens when your roommate loves baseball and buys tickets to the Saints games.

We went to the game last night and watched them kick the Joliet Jackhammers butts. What a beautiful night to be outside. It wasn't hot, there weren't any pesky insects flying around, absolutely gorgeous.

Wendy's buddy Ron works for the Saints and took us into the depths of the stadium to check out an awesome view of the field from the Windsor Clubhouse, right next to the opposing teams dugout. If you ignore the fact that it was filled with drunks, it's a pretty cool place to watch a game from.

Then we found out that some of her friends were sitting just a few rows in front of us. After the game we headed out to their car to hang out for a bit.

You know, I think I could get used to this whole baseball thing. But only with a team like the Saints, where there's so much going on during the game that sometimes you forget to watch the action.

Of course, getting to watch Rusty announce the game from the top of the Saints dugout for 2 1/2 hours always helps things move right along.

Posted by Jenny at 11:59 PM | Comments (0)

August 10, 2005

Obsession

They've got these new shows on both TLC and A&E about tattoos.

I seriously need some cash for a new tat. I know what I want and these shows have gotten me completely stoked to save up my money and just get it done.

I've gotten the question from friends about the pain involved, and honestly, it's not that bad. My first took about an hour and a half and I almost fell asleep during it because I got bored sitting in the same position for that long.

So the pain isn't an issue, but where to get it done is. I got my first when I was visiting friends over the Forth of July back in '98. We just stopped into this place and had them done. Now I want to find an artist that I can go back to whenever I want another one. I'm not saying I'll get all freaky on you all and have every square inch tattooed, but you never know what's going to happen in life.

Any way, this is the one I want to get. Either on my lower back in the middle or on my back over by my shoulder.

sun.jpg

Posted by Jenny at 08:51 PM | Comments (1)

August 06, 2005

Work fun

Work fun
Originally uploaded by amalizard.
This is what you do at work on a Friday afternoon when everyone is itching to leave. You draw on people's heads. With permanent marker.

Posted by Jenny at 11:57 PM | Comments (1)